TACA Airlines Flights From Vancouver - YVR to Central and South America
TACA airlines won the Skytrax award as Central America, Mexico and the Caribbean's "Best Airline". TACA is an excellent airline to choose for flights from Vancouver International Airport – YVR to Central America and South America.
With their main air hub in El Salvador, you will find excellent airfares to El Salvador and other Central American desinations such as Costa Rica and Guatemala. The most direct flight from Vancouver connects in Los Angeles, California LAX. You can also connect with TACA in the following US cities: Chicago Illinois, Dallas Texas, Houston Texas, Los Angeles California, New York NY, Orlando Florida, San Francisco California, and Washington DC.
About TACA Airlines
TACA is El Salvador's national flag carrier airline. The acronym "TACA" stands for "Transportes Aéreos del Continente Americano", in English this translates to "Air Transport of the American Continent". As their name implies, they offer extensive flights to South America, Central America, the Caribbean, Mexico, Canada, and the USA.
With flights to 22 countries in the America's they have one of the best flight networks in the America's. TACA is also the brand name for five independently operating airlines:
- LACSA - which is Costa Rica's national airline. Within the framework of LACSA you will find SANSA which is part of the alliance of airlines as well. Sansa offers regional flights for LACSA within the country of Costa Rica.
- Islena Airlines - based in La Ceiba, Honduras
- Nicaragüense de Aviación - based in Managua, Nicaragua
- Aviateca - based in Guatemala City, Guatemala
- TACA Peru - based in Lima, Peru
In addition to this grouping of airlines, an alliance was formed with Avianca in 2009. Avianca is Colombia's national flag carrier airline.